Hancock Leadership Class of 2023 Seeking Project Proposals
The Findlay∙Hancock County Chamber of Commerce is issuing this request for proposal or community-oriented projects for Hancock Leadership ’23 to consider as a potential class project.
Hancock Leadership, a program of The Chamber and sponsored by the Hancock Leadership Alumni Association, is a nine-month seminar program designed to strengthen leadership skills, broaden knowledge of the community and motivate participants to become involved in addressing community issues. Since its beginning, over 1,000 area leaders have graduated from Hancock Leadership, representing over 500 area organizations.
Each Hancock Leadership class selects, funds and implements a class project. Recent class projects include:
- You Belong Campaign: promoting the send of belonging that exists within Hancock County
- Creation of the History Walk at Brucklacher Memorial Park
- Y on the Fly – a mobile YMCA program bringing activities to children in under-served neighborhoods
- Creation of a Hidden in Plain Sights mobile trailer to educate parents/caregivers on drug prevention efforts
- Installment of Buddy Benches within Findlay/Hancock County educational system
- Increase enrollment and host Family Literacy Nights for Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Increase awareness and number of mentors for the Children’s Mentoring Connection;
- Preparing the ReStore building and hosting a grand opening there for Habitat for Humanity;
- Moving 16 agencies into the Family Center; and
- Re-building the J.T. Boyd Pavilion at Camp Berry.
The Project is an opportunity for class members to plan, support and execute a community project as a vehicle to exercise the leadership skills acquired through Hancock Leadership. The class members are expected to work on and support the selected Project; there is no expectation that the Hancock Leadership coordinator will supervise this Project.
Proposals will be accepted from any community-based organization, such as a nonprofit agency, school, local governmental unit, or community-based initiative with a nonprofit organization serving as its fiscal sponsor.
Proposals will meet the following guidelines:
- The Project will have a central service component, and be community oriented;
- The Project must be able to be completed on or before May 31, 2023; and
- Project funding will not exceed $10,000.
Proposals must include the following:
- Description of community-based agency submitting the Proposal;
- Narrative explaining the proposed Project; and
- Key agency personnel who will be coordinating this Project;
- Timeline for Project;
- Budget detailing Project costs.
Deadline for Submission of Proposals: September 30, 2022.
The Class will select its project in October/November. All applicants will be notified of the class decision by November 2022. The Class may invite representatives of proposed Projects to attend its October 12, 2022 session date to answer questions about the proposed Project.
Any questions about this RFP should be directed to Dionne Neubauer, Director, Chamber of Commerce, at 419.422.3313 or dneubauer@FindlayHancockChamber.com.
Join Reineke Family Dealerships and the Findlay Hancock County ChamberClick to read more >
Hancock Leadership ‘23 Will Honor Veterans Hancock Leadership Class Project Project willClick to read more >
Join the Chamber on Tuesday, October 11th for Business 2Click to read more >
It's easy to join. Start your journey with the Chamber today!
Use the strength and buying power of 700+ companies. Check out our member savings programs and discounts!
You're Invited! See all upcoming events and happenings at the Chamber.
123 East Main Cross Street
Findlay, OH 45840