The application deadline for the HYL Class of 2023 has passed. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by the end of the school year.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be a resident of Hancock County or attend a high school/homeschool in Hancock County.
- Demonstrate dedication in the classroom and be academically sound.
- Be approved by your principal, guidance counselor, or homeschooling instructor.
- Demonstrate potential for leadership in school and/or community activities.
- Have an interest in learning the issues affecting your community.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and responsible behavior within the program and at school.
Expectations of selected HYL applicant:
- Applicants must commit to full participation and attendance in the program.
- Absences from the retreat/program activities may result in removal from the program.
- This program requires students to be in attendance for each monthly session (there are a total of 9). Session days are held during school days and occasionally when school is not in session.
- Responses must be submitted online. Make an arrangement with your guidance counselor or homeschool instructor to access a computer to complete the form if necessary.
- All information provided is subject to verification. False, inaccurate, incomplete, or reformatted applications will be disqualified.