Application Due Date: March 19, 2021
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be a resident of Hancock County or attend a high school in Hancock County.
- Be academically sound. A minimum 3.0 grade point average is required.
- Be approved by your principal, guidance counselor, or homeschooling instructor.
- Demonstrate potential for leadership in school and/or community activities.
- Have an interest in addressing the issues affecting your community.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and responsible behavior within the program and at school.
Expectations of selected HYL applicant:
- Applicants must commit to full participation and attendance in the program.
- Students unable to attend the Kickoff Retreat may forfeit their position in HYL.
- Absences from program activities may result in removal from the program.
- This program requires students to be in attendance for each monthly session (there are a total of 9). Session days are held during school days and occasionally when school is not in session.
- Responses must be submitted online. Handwritten responses will not be accepted. Make an arrangement with your guidance counselor or homeschool instructor to access a computer to complete the form if necessary.
- All information provided is subject to verification. False, inaccurate, illegible, incomplete, or reformatted applications will be disqualified.
- Attention to detail matters. Essay content and grammar mechanics are evaluated. Please double-check your responses for any spelling mistakes.