Hancock Leadership Class of 2021 Seeking Project Proposals
The Findlay∙Hancock County Chamber of Commerce is issuing this request for proposal or community-oriented projects for Hancock Leadership ’21 to consider as a potential class project.
Hancock Leadership, a program of The Chamber and sponsored by the Hancock Leadership Alumni Association, is a nine-month seminar program designed to strengthen leadership skills, broaden knowledge of the community and motivate participants to become involved in addressing community issues. Since its beginning, over 1,000 area leaders have graduated from Hancock Leadership, representing over 500 area organizations.
Each Hancock Leadership class selects, funds and implements a class project. Recent class projects include:
- Y on the Fly mobile YMCA unit to provide services to underserved populations of our county
- Re-establishing Camp 911 with the City and County Fire and Police Departments
- Creation of a Hidden in Plain Sights mobile trailer to educate parents/caregivers on drug prevention efforts
- Installment of Buddy Benches within Findlay/Hancock County educational system
- Increase enrollment and host Family Literacy Nights for Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Increase awareness and number of mentors for the Children’s Mentoring Connection;
- Preparing the ReStore building and hosting a grand opening there for Habitat for Humanity;
- Moving 16 agencies into the Family Center; and
- Re-building the J.T. Boyd Pavilion at Camp Berry.
The Project is an opportunity for class members to plan, support and execute a community project as a vehicle to exercise the leadership skills acquired through Hancock Leadership. The class members are expected to work on and support the selected Project; there is no expectation that the Hancock Leadership coordinator will supervise this Project.
Proposals will be accepted from any community-based organization, such as a nonprofit agency, school, local governmental unit, or community-based initiative with a nonprofit organization serving as its fiscal sponsor.
Proposals will meet the following guidelines:
- The Project will have a central service component, and be community-oriented;
- The Project must be able to be completed on or before June 30, 2021; and
- Project funding will not exceed $10,000.
Proposals must include the following:
- Description of community-based agency submitting the Proposal;
- Narrative explaining the proposed Project; and
- Key agency personnel who will be coordinating this Project;
- Timeline for Project;
- Budget detailing Project costs.
Deadline for Submission of Proposals: August 31, 2020.
The Class will select its project in October/November. All applicants will be notified of the class decision by November 2020. The Class may invite representatives of proposed Projects to attend its October session date to answer questions about the proposed Project.
Any questions about this RFP should be directed to Dionne Neubauer, Director, Chamber of Commerce, at 419.422.3313 or dneubauer@FindlayHancockChamber.com.
The Findlay∙Hancock County Chamber of Commerce is issuing this requestClick to read more >
The Chamber will facilitate a webinar presented by Resolute WealthClick to read more >
The Chamber will host a Virtual Edition of Fresh BrewedClick to read more >
It's easy to join. Start your journey with the Chamber today!
Use the strength and buying power of 700+ companies. Check out our member savings programs and discounts!
You're Invited! See all upcoming events and happenings at the Chamber.
123 East Main Cross Street
Findlay, OH 45840
F: 419.422.9508 (currently down)