Job Posting: The Alliance Seeking Applications for Controller
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for all financial activities for The Alliance and its divisions and affiliated programs.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Execute the financial strategy of the organization
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the organization
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements to advisory and governing board(s)
- General Ledger maintenance; input all monthly entries to balance books and generate financial statements. Input all adjusting entries as given by accountant after books have been audited. Assist accountants during annual audit and tax return preparation by providing financial data as requested.
- Accounts Receivables: Billing members for annual investment and all meetings/programs for which there is a fee. Maintenance and posting of payments to general ledger, and depositing all receipts into bank accounts. Preparation of monthly ACH membership payments.
- Accounts Payable: Process payments either by check, credit card, electronic payment, or automatic deduction.
- Payroll Processing: Maintain payroll records; prepare semi-monthly direct deposit payroll payments; prepare and file monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual payroll tax reports, including W-2 forms, for federal, state, and local reporting. Also prepare and file 1099 Misc. Income forms for independent contractors.
- Filing of other government reports: State– New Hire; Sales Tax; Unclaimed Funds; Federal– Department of Labor.
- Maintenance of credit card processing system, including required security reporting.
- Maintenance and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Administration and maintenance of employee benefit insurance programs, including medical, life, dental, disability.
- Administration and maintenance of employee retirement plan.
- Administrator for the workers’ comp group association discount plan and medical health insurance program
- Prepare preliminary annual budget and projected year-end reports for management review and input. Finalize budget for board presentation and input into accounting program for financial reports.
- Prepare monthly financial membership report.
- Assists and finalizes income and expense reports with staff responsible for those events/programs.
- Maintenance of the financial sections of the membership database, including posting of all payments.
- Special and/or other projects as assigned or requested.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Possess minimum three years of accounting/office experience; non-profit experience a plus
- Knowledge of Office Suite and Quickbooks
- Proven ability to interact with peers in a satisfactory manner
- Ability to communicate clearly in English both orally and in the written language
- Ability to use mathematical and reasoning skills effectively to perform the job with accuracy
- Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires long periods of sitting
- Requires long periods of visual time in front of the computer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- General office environment
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
The Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce will host a women'sClick to read more >
The Chamber will host a legislative roundtable with Findlay’s MayorClick to read more >
Join the Chamber on Tuesday, August 16th for Business 2Click to read more >
It's easy to join. Start your journey with the Chamber today!
Use the strength and buying power of 700+ companies. Check out our member savings programs and discounts!
You're Invited! See all upcoming events and happenings at the Chamber.
123 East Main Cross Street
Findlay, OH 45840